Friday, March 17, 2006

Follow-Ups and Culture of Accountability

Having an objective to "transform to high performance and process-based culture" really tells that something must be done to the culture at my work. It is right on the dot. First, I thought it was only that people don't manage their meetings effectively. Then, I thought it was that people just don't follow-up thoroughly. Furthermore, I concluded that people don't follow-up because there just no feeling of accountability around here. And lastly, I also found out that transparency and candor are also not practiced. It's just the exact opposite of what Jack Welch explains in his book "Winning".

Then we decided that this particular issue needs to have special attention. My kick-ass boss chose to be the owner of this strategy. We'll see how it goes, but we're moving to the right direction.