Sunday, January 14, 2007

Easier entry into Britain with an MBA

Heads up, MBAs!

MBAs from 50 British-approved institutions will get a higher chance to get the permit to work in the U.K. under the point-based system in the Highly-Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP).

Professionals with MBA qualification, graduated on or after December 2, 2004, stand a better chance as compared to Master's degree holder and Ph.D. Young professionals with high salary get further advantage, as summarized in this table.

I'm not sure whether nationality matters, but I would guess those from the commonwealth nations would have a better chance. I couldn't find what the 50 MBA institutions are, but 10 of them are U.K. institutions and 40 are from the rest of the world.

Despite the high living-cost in U.K., I think it'll be nice to spend several years to get more international perspectives. I don't have any insight on how the working culture is like over there, though.