Sunday, January 14, 2007

One



One life
But we're not the same
We get to carry each other
Carry each other
One...
- U2





Now the world is gone

I'm just one
Oh God help me
Hold my breath as I wish for death

Oh please God help me...

-Metallica





A couple of my all time favorites.

It's difficult to interpret U2's One. Without paying much attention, I always thought that the song was about two lovers. Others say the song is about about Bono's relationship with his father.

Metallica's One is probably more straightforward. Literally, it's about a dying soldier who has physically lost everything and is wishing for death. I think the picture (from the single cover) tells a thousand words. Well...

There are other (a lot more) songs titled One. Alanis Morissette, Mary J. Blige, Faith Hill to name a few.

I was wondering if there are any Indonesian songs titled "Satu" -- other than that "Satu, satu", the children song...